This honey drizzled apples on pizza recipe is the perfect savory finger-food item during your Fall food party display! Perfect with a glass of wine on the side and easily customizable to your favorite toppings! Plus, this crust stays deliciously crispy without turning soggy!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my links, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure for more information.
Hello to a savory apples on pizza recipe that is too dang good with just the right amount of toppings! Vegetarian and delicious!
Easily sprinkle the toppings on top of this apple cheese pizza without any measuring needed! Totally keeps this easy and fun for the family!
Plus, we’ll also share how we get the best crust that stays crispy without turning soggy!
This post will go over everything you need to know to create this apples on pizza recipe.
Recipe difficulty: Easy, simple, and definitely restaurant quality!
Similar to an apple goat cheese pizza that is way too easy and perfect for that Fall display! This is the ultimate finger-food recipe idea that can be made in batch and is topped with melted blue cheese, basil, and other incredible herbs! Don’t worry about measuring!
Sam’s Pro Tips for this Apples on Pizza Recipe
How to Get the Best Crust
The biggest tip right here!
You need to get those circular, individual flatbreads sold in a pack. We got ours from Trader Joe’s, where there is 6 in one pack for the best savory apple pizza recipe. Whole grain tortillas can work too, just watch it carefully in the oven!
Next, you want to coat the flatbread with olive oil to crisp up in the oven. There are two ways to do this!
The first and EASIEST way is to get the Trader Joe’s Spanish Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil Non Stick Cooking Spray, and spray each side of the flatbread. That’s it!
OR, you can brush each side of the flatbread with olive oil using a Pastry Brush. A little more work but works just as good!
Score the Flatbread to Prevent Bubbles
When crisping up the flatbreads you may notice bubbles start to appear on the crust. Completely normal!
To prevent LARGE bubbles that take the majority of the flatbread, lightly score the flatbread with a knife in this apple pizza recipe.
This doesn’t have to be perfect, but essentially you want to cut each side of the flatbread (without going all the way through!) some horizonal lines for the air to escape. Make sure to do this on each side of the flatbread!
The Best Tool for Your Apples
We love these apples soft and full of flavor for this easy apple pizza recipe! Just like in our Juicy Bacon Pork Chops with Apples!
In order to achieve this consistency, we dice the apples and sauté with butter and honey just until softened.
The quickest way to dice the apples is to FIRST peel these apples and then use an APPLE SLICER to cut the apples in wedges.
Once you use the APPLE SLICER, you can quickly dice the apples into little chunks for this apples on pizza recipe.
Key Ingredients – Apples on Pizza Recipe
Below are some key and optional ingredients for this recipe:
- Individual flatbreads: Using the individual flatbreads is how we get a crispy crust that holds all our toppings in our apple pizza pie! So good!
- Apples: What I personally love about this dish is the use of 2 different kinds of apples! I love the combination of Granny Smith and Honeycrisp apples. The Granny Smith apples has more of a tart taste and holds up well in cooking, while the Honeycrisp apples adds some sweetness to this apples on pizza recipe! Make sure to use the APPLE SLICER to get this diced quickly!
- Blue cheese: Get the crumbled blue cheese to save you from chopping! All you will need to do is just top this apple pizza recipe and the oven will give you these tasty, melted pockets.
- Sun-dried tomatoes: I think this is the secret sauce to why this savory apple pizza recipe looks restaurant quality! We top these flatbreads with the Trader Joe’s Julienne Sliced Sun Dried Tomatoes in Olive Oil and looks so fancy and of course, delicious.
- Parmesan: In addition to the blue cheese, we also use shredded parmesan cheese for an extra, cheesy blend of goodness that will melt with the other toppings.
- Olive oil: You will need either olive oil or the Trader Joe’s Spanish Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil Non Stick Cooking Spray to coat each side of the flatbread to get it crispy.
Toppings When Serving
- Basil: Use fresh basil to get an aromatic blend of flavor and a pop of color! A rough cut of the basil leaves is totally fine.
- Red pepper flakes: For just a pinch of spice, we sprinkle the red pepper flakes as a final topping to the apple cheese pizza.
- Honey: Don’t forget to drizzle some honey on this apples on pizza recipe when serving. Just that bit of sweetness looks extra glossy and is a finishing touch. This is a favorite in our Spiced Honey Glazed Carrots Recipe with Pecans!
- Arugula: If you want a bit more greenery and some healthy vegetables, once you pull this apples on pizza recipe out of the oven, you can top with some arugula for a healthy pairing.
More Variations to this Apples on Pizza Recipe
There are a few ways you can variate this apples on pizza recipe. Here’s how:
- How does bacon bits sound? For a heartier alternative to this easy apple pizza recipe, you can top the flatbreads with cooked bacon bits for a meaty, cheesy fall dish. Use your favorite kind of bacon! Or make this a caramelized onion apple and goat cheese pizza!
- Other favorite Fall recipes? For a great, cozy meal that is super satisfying our Beefy Filipino Style Lasagna That is Extremely Saucy is a winner paired with our 15-Minute Mini Pecan Sticky Buns to Drool Over for a quick dessert! Don’t forget our Spicy Shrimp Pumpkin Rigatoni Perfect for Fall for an amazing dish everyone will love!
- What can I pair with this dish? For this apple pizza pie, some herbed potatoes sound good on the side or spiced vegetables. Both will definitely compliment this main dish and add some variety. See our Spiced Honey Glazed Carrots Recipe with Pecans or our Simple Herb Roasted Potatoes Recipe!
Looking for some awesome printables that are totally FREE? Our favorite! Check out our FREE LIBRARY for our Grocery Checklist or our Instant Pot Cooking Times Chart printables to help you on your cooking journey!
- Beefy Filipino Style Lasagna That is Extremely Saucy
- Easy Sticky Honey Instant Pot Buffalo Wings in 4 Simple Steps
- Loaded Asian Fries Topped with Filipino Corned Beef and Creamy Sriracha
- Classy Chocolate Mousse with Grand Marnier to Indulge In
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Apple good on pizza?
For a great Fall party dish, apple on pizza makes for a savory apple pizza recipe! Sauté with butter and honey for a sweetened blend before topping.
What should I put on top of my pizza?
The topping choices are so versatile in our apple pizza recipe. You can customize the flatbread to any toppings you want as the crispy crust will hold the toppings without getting soggy.
What is the leaf that you put on pizza?
Fresh basil is the best choice for adding some greenery to the flatbread. A rough cut is totally fine, and you can add depending on preference.