Mouthwatering Asian fries topped with popular Filipino corned beef and creamy sriracha for a spicy twist on our savory french fries recipe! Garnished with lemon, jalapeno, and other fresh ingredients, each bite is full of that savory corned beef flavor perfect for all corned beef lovers!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my links, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure for more information.
This Asian fries recipe is a fun twist on our popular 7-Ingredient Tasty Filipino Corned Beef Recipe Done in Only 20-Minutes, using our favorite corned beef recipe combined with french fries!
Think of Filipino french fries at its best, topped with a spicy blend of jalapenos and creamy sriracha for incredible flavor!
Super easy to make as I’ll share how I get the perfect wedged cut each time I make these asian loaded fries for any occasion!
This post will go over everything you need to know to create this asian fries recipe.
Recipe difficulty: Simple, easy, and delicious for any beginner cook! The best kind of recipe!
These Asian French fries uses our easy Filipino corned beef recipe combined with wedged-cut French fries for some finger-licking goodness! Perfect as a side, or even main dish, these Filipino fries will be a hit at any gathering! Definitely fun and unique!
Sam’s Pro Tips for these Asian Fries
The Best Filipino Canned Corned Beef Recipe
Like our 7-Ingredient Tasty Filipino Corned Beef Recipe Done in Only 20-Minutes, the best corned beef recipe has the perfect size chunks and minimal fat.
Therefore, the brand we use is not necessarily a Filipino corned beef brand (that’s ok!), but with the ingredients added to this dish is what makes this Filipino style dish the perfect accompaniment to this asian fries recipe.
We love the Ox Palm Corned Beef as there are hearty chunks of corned beef, not overly salty, and minimal fat as well.
Corned Beef Thickens as it Cooks Uncovered
After the corned beef simmers with the habanero, tomato, and garlic covered for 10 minutes, it will then cook for another 5 minutes uncovered.
The corned beef will start to thicken and will be the perfect topping for these Filipino fries. You can cook to the desired consistency but remember you don’t want the corned beef to retain too much liquid as it will top your crispy French fries.
The Perfect Wedged-Cut French Fries
My number one tip to getting the perfect cut wedged fries is to use an APPLE SLICER!
Like our 5-Step Easy Garlic Baked French Fries Recipe, simply cut the bottom of each potato just enough to get a flat, rounded surface and place the flat edge of the potato on the cutting board. Put the apple slicer on top of the potato and push through. That’s it!
Toss the French Fries with Garlic After Baking
By tossing the fries in garlic after it has baked, you will get the fresh flavor of the garlic.
Trust me, you don’t want to toss the fries with garlic prior to baking as some of the minced garlic will get overly browned in the oven!
For an even cook in the oven, at the halfway mark do a quick mix of the fries in the baking pan to get a mix of soft and crispy french fries when baked.
Key Ingredients – Asian Fries
Below are some key and optional ingredients for this recipe:
Corned Beef and Fries
- Corned beef: Ox Palm Corned Beef is our favorite go-to corned beef! While not necessarily a Filipino corned beef can, the ingredients that go into this dish is what makes this Filipino-style asian corned beef recipe a popular favorite.
- Potatoes: We love using two medium russet potatoes cut into wedges for our asian fries. Quick tip- Pat dry the potatoes before tossing with a paper towel to remove any moisture resulting in crispier fries.
- Garlic: The Filipino french fries and corned beef are tossed and sautéed with the garlic for a savory flavor.
- Tomatoes: Using one diced tomato will give some liquid to the corned beef and give great flavor. It doesn’t necessarily matter what kind of tomatoes, but tomatoes on the vine work great or Roma tomatoes.
- Olive oil: Like our 5-Step Easy Garlic Baked French Fries Recipe, we love using olive oil for this oven baked homemade french fries. It produces a much healthier option compared to the typical french fries recipe and adds to the crispy coating of the fries.
- Lemon juice: The lemon juice cuts the saltiness of the corned beef and adds to the flavor from the tomatoes. Have some lemon wedges as a garnish for these asian loaded fries!
- Habanero: One habanero is plenty, and if you’re feeling adventurous, go for two in these asian fries!
Toppings for the Asian Fries
- Jalapeno: We love topping these asian french fries with sliced jalapeno for some beautiful greenery and spice.
- Green onion: For added freshness, the sliced green onion adds to these asian loaded fries and gives great texture. The green onion also replaces the onion that cooks with the corned beef in our original filipino corned beef recipe.
- Sriracha: An Asian favorite! The sriracha topping gives a nice sauce to the corned beef fries and is super addicting. Have extra on the side for dipping!
- Mayonnaise: Mixing the sriracha with the mayonnaise creates a creamy texture and lightens this sauce to a rich orange color. A dash of lemon is added to create a slightly tart flavor!
- Paprika: For added flavor, toss the Asian fries with a dash of paprika to take these fries to the next level!
More Variations to these Asian Fries
There are a few ways you can variate these Asian fries. Here’s how:
- Make your own seasoning blend: Instead of only tossing your fries in salt and olive oil before baking, why not make your own seasoning blend? Try using onion powder, lemon pepper seasoning, or even garlic herb seasoning to really make these asian french fries pop.
- What can I pair with this dish? Pair our Asian fries with our Filipino Pork Barbecue Skewer Recipe Perfectly Glazed or our 15-Minute Asian Chili Garlic Butter Shrimp with Sprite for a delicious summertime meal or for a fun gathering! Don’t forget our quick 3-Ingredient Filipino Banana Cue Recipe for Your Afternoon Snack for a sweet treat!
Interested in Filipino cuisine, but don’t know where to begin? Download our Top 5 Crazy-Cheap Ingredients You Need for Filipino Cooking and Where to Find It from my free resource library!
- 7-Ingredient Tasty Filipino Corned Beef Recipe Done in Only 20-Minutes
- Easy Burger Patty Recipe Without Breadcrumbs
- Tender Instant Pot Spicy Barbecue Chicken | Sweet and Spicy Drumsticks
- Beer Brats No Grill Recipe with Caramelized Onions and Garlic
Frequently Asked Questions
What type of potato is best for french fries?
Russet potatoes tend to be a favorite as you can use peeled or unpeeled. It also yields the perfect texture for baked french fries.
Is olive oil good for french fries?
Olive oil is one of the healthier oils for cooking compared to others. It also gives added flavor to baked french fries.
How long does corned beef last in the refrigerator?
Corned beef should be consumed within 3-4 days from the refrigerator for optimal flavor.
How much juice can you get from one lemon?
Usually, 1 lemon can yield 3 tablespoons of juice depending on the size of the lemon.