These saucy, buffalo cheese fries are so easy to make in the oven loaded with ranch, blue cheese, and green onion! Moderately spicy with a unique spin on the classis buffalo sauce recipe! Seriously the perfect finger-food that is sure to be everyone’s favorite!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my links, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure for more information.
Who says making buffalo cheese fries needs to be complicated? This buffalo fries recipe comes together effortlessy in the oven and looks way too good on the baking pan!
Literally each fry is drenched in this addicting sauce and has melted cheese pools on top. So good!
Plus, we use the perfect buffalo fries sauce that has the just right blend of spicy and tangy!
This post will go over everything you need to know to create these buffalo cheese fries.
Recipe difficulty: Literally put the ingredients in the baking pan and the oven will do the rest! Totally beginner!
In only 6 easy steps and limited ingredients, this recipe is easy enough for anyone wanting to make loaded buffalo fries that looks difficult but really isn’t! Toss everything in the baking pan, bake, then broil.
Sam’s Pro Tips for these Buffalo Cheese Fries
The Perfect Wedged-Cut French Fries
Like my Loaded Asian Fries Topped with Filipino Corned Beef and Creamy Sriracha, my number one tip to getting the perfect cut wedged fries is to use an APPLE SLICER!
Simply chop a small bottom of the potato to get a rounded surface and place flat on the cutting board. Put the apple slicer on top of the potato and push through. That’s it!
You’ll get easy buffalo potato wedges that will be soft in the inside and crispy on the outside without all that chopping.
Mix the Fries at the Halfway Mark
To get a mix of crispy and soft fries, do a quick mix of the fries in the baking pan at the halfway mark!
This little trick will cook this buffalo ranch fries recipe beautifully and give the perfect texture. Make sure to coat the baking pan with either olive oil or nonstick spray to prevent sticking!
Do You Really Need to Measure?
In this buffalo cheese fries recipe I provided measurements, but honestly, you really don’t need it!
When adding the different sauces to the fries, you can add according to preference. Simply drizzle the sauce on top before broiling based on how saucy you would like the fries.
Our measurements yield extra saucy, buffalo cheese fries so that every bite is full of flavor!
Broiler Equals Better
Like my Easy Sticky Honey Instant Pot Buffalo Wings in 4 Simple Steps, this is a step you don’t want to skip out on!
Using the broiler with our blend of sauces is what makes our buffalo potato wedges glazed with pools of melted blue cheese!
We stick these buffalo cheese fries under the broiler for 2-3 minutes until the sauce looks glazed on the fries and the melted blue cheese has beautiful brown pockets for that oven-baked look.
Prepare to lick your fingers as in it’s that good!
Key Ingredients – Buffalo Cheese Fries
Below are some key ingredients for this recipe:
- Russet potatoes: You can choose to use peeled or unpeeled potatoes for this buffalo fries recipe. Using only 4 potatoes for this recipe yields plenty!
Seasoning for the Best Buffalo Cheese Fries
- Here are the blend of seasonings we like to use for the best flavor:
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Cayenne pepper
- Chili powder
- Salt and pepper
- Olive Oil: Using olive oil for these loaded buffalo fries produces a much healthier option compared to the typical french fries recipe. Personally, I think the olive oil enhances the flavor and pairs great with the different seasoning.
- Ranch: No specific kind of ranch is needed, simply pick your favorite one and get drizzling!
- Buffalo sauce: Ok, ready for it? We love using the Trader Joe’s Peri-Peri Sauce that has fermented and dried chilies for that extra kick. It is the perfect blend of both spicy and tangy. If this is not accessible, you can use our buffalo sauce recipe from our Easy Sticky Honey Instant Pot Buffalo Wings in 4 Simple Steps.
- Blue cheese: Get the crumbled blue cheese to save you from chopping! All you will need to do is just top these buffalo cheese fries and the broiler will give you these tasty, melted pockets.
- Green onion: Sprinkle the chopped green onion on top of these buffalo potato wedges immediately after removing from the broiler for that extra color and flavor.
More Variations to these Buffalo Cheese Fries
There are a few ways you can variate these buffalo cheese fries. Here’s how:
- Make your own cheese blend: Instead of only using blue cheese in these buffalo cheese fries, try incorporating cheddar cheese or different kinds of blue cheese like gorgonzola. So tasty!
- Any other favorite potato recipes? Totally, so which one would I choose? So for an authentic family recipe on my Mexican side, I personally love our 7-Ingredient Cheesy Mexican Potatoes with Roasted Chile for a spicy kick. Or for some comfort food, our 7-Ingredient Tasty Filipino Corned Beef Recipe Done in Only 20-Minutes has yummy potatoes mixed with our favorite corned beef. You cannot go wrong with either of these options!
- What can I pair with this dish? Pair these fries with our Easy Burger Patty Recipe Without Breadcrumbs for the perfect outdoor barbecue or with our tasty Filipino Pork Barbecue Skewer Recipe Perfectly Glazed. Don’t forget dessert, like our 4-Step Extremely Soft Cookie Butter Bars That is Way Too Easy | No-Bake!
Looking for some awesome printables that are totally FREE? Our favorite! Check out our FREE LIBRARY for our Grocery Checklist or our Instant Pot Cooking Times Chart printables to help you on your cooking journey!
- Beer Brats No Grill Recipe with Caramelized Onions and Garlic
- Tender Instant Pot Spicy Barbecue Chicken | Sweet and Spicy Drumsticks
- 15-Minute Quick Carnitas Recipe Perfect for Tacos
- Beefy Filipino Style Lasagna That is Extremely Saucy
Frequently Asked Questions
What type of potato is best for french fries?
Russet potatoes tend to be a favorite as you can use peeled or unpeeled. It also yields the perfect texture to these buffalo cheese fries.
Is olive oil good for french fries?
Olive oil is one of the healthier oils for cooking compared to others. It also gives added flavor to this buffalo fries recipe.
How do you make baked fries taste better?
Baked french fries is a healthier alternative than the typical french fries recipe. Tossing your fries in seasoning and herbs will really takes your buffalo cheese fries to the next level.
Are baked french fries healthier than fried?
Oven baked french fries are usually healthier than fried french fries as the fries are not submerged in oil. In combination with the olive oil, this buffalo potato wedges is a healthier alternative.
how to make buffalo fries?
Make these buffalo fries in the oven for both crispy and soft french fries. Top with buffalo sauce, ranch, and blue cheese, under the broiler for a melted, glazed texture.