This chicken bake recipe is the perfect combination of a Costco chicken bake recipe and the Papa Murphy’s chicken & bacon stuffed pizza. Cheesy, garlicy, and totally satisfying! With minimal measuring and prep, this recipe is perfect for anyone!
I remember chicken bake recipes being all the rage because of the Costco chicken bakes! With all the flavors perfectly blended together, and super easy to eat, it was an effortless family meal.
This recipe incorporates some of this Costco goodness, mixed with the bacon and garlic sauce of a stuffed pizza.
Family members will totally love this easy chicken bake recipe and will be asking for this again!
This post will go over everything you need to know to create this stuffed chicken bake recipe that is extremely satisfying.
Recipe difficulty: Beginner (Simple! Simple! Simple!)
Using the already prepared pizza dough paired with the toppings make this chicken bake recipe extremely simple! Seasoning and toppings don’t even need to be measured as it can totally depend on the cook’s preference.
Sam’s Pro Tips for this Stuffed Chicken Bake Recipe
- Use pre-made pizza dough! Like seriously there is nothing wrong with this option! I cannot even begin to describe to you how much time you will save buying pre-made dough. In the past, I would try to make my own pizza dough using the Dough setting on my bread machine. Sometimes I would get the results I wanted and sometimes I didn’t! When I didn’t, well I guess we’re not eating a chicken bake that night. The pre-made dough gives you the right consistency for rolling the dough, and will help bake evenly. I discuss which pre-made dough I use in the Key Ingredients section.
- Don’t worry about measuring. I have seen a bunch of recipes with the ranch, seasonings, and toppings measured. I do provide a rough measurement below, however to be totally honest, I hardly measure these ingredients. It’s just an extra step and more stuff to wash! The beauty of this easy chicken bake recipe is that once you roll the dough into that rectangle shape, you will know how much ranch to smear on, if you want more tomato or onion, or even more pepper flakes! You can easily make this to your liking.
- Roll the dough tightly. When rolling the dough, make sure you’re doing this tightly and evenly! Otherwise, one side could be lopsided or too loose. There is no shame in doing this slowly. I usually start in the middle and then attempt to roll each side one at a time, keeping it leveled as I roll.
- Don’t forget to brush with butter and add the vent holes. Adding the butter helps brown the top when in the oven. The vent holes release steam, and it makes your chicken bake look visually appealing and put together.
Key Ingredients – Stuffed Chicken Bake Recipe
Below are some key and optional ingredients for this recipe:
- Pre-made pizza dough: This is seriously a time saver! I use the Trader Joe’s Plain Pizza Dough that’s ready to bake. Don’t feel like you need to use this brand, but I have found that this dough is easy to work with. Make sure if you are using this dough, to have it sit out on a floured surface at room temperature for 30 minutes. (This was on the back of the bag!) If you’re not using this brand, follow the directions on the back of the bag.
- Bacon: This chicken bake has a ton of flavor from the bacon! Honestly, for me I like to have almost a good ratio from the bacon to the chicken. The measurements given in the recipe below will give the perfect mix of meat in this recipe.
- Ranch: Definitely didn’t go fancy with the ranch I used! I think I just used Kraft ranch to smear on the dough. With the seasonings on top, it actually is really flavorful! Such a quick sauce for this chicken bake recipe.
- Cheese: Shredded mozzarella all around! This is the perfect pairing and when I think of a stuffed pizza, this is what this recipe definitely needs! So similar to the Costco chicken bake recipe combined with the chicken. I didn’t provide measurements for the cheese as you can add as much as you want, but a small 1 pound bag is more than plenty.
- Seasoning: By cooking the chicken with the garlic herb seasoning and the fresh garlic, it gives it so much flavor that your chicken will not be bland in this recipe. I also put olive oil and red pepper flakes (optional) on top of the ranch for extra flavor. Garlic powder can also be sprinkled on top of the ranch if you want more of that garlic taste.
More Variations to this Recipe
There are a few ways you can variate this stuffed chicken bake recipe. Here’s how:
- Add parmesan cheese and herbs on top of the chicken bake: I usually only brush the top of my chicken bake with melted butter as I want to pump this out super quickly. However, you can add chopped parsley and shredded parmesan cheese with the melted butter to brush on top of your chicken bake for added flavor. This will totally brown nicely in the oven!
- Variate the ingredients: Once you know how to make this recipe, you can easily adjust the inside ingredients to your liking. Pepperoni, salami, parmesan cheese, all come to mind as different options that can be done. Totally comment below if you decide to switch it up!
- What can I pair with this dish? For me, my family thinks of this as a main dish. So if you want to add some vegetables check out our Spiced Honey Glazed Carrots Recipe with Pecans to get some vegetables in there. Or for the ultimate comfort package, pair with our 5-Step Easy Garlic Baked French Fries Recipe! So tasty!
- 13 Clove Creamy Garlic Chicken Recipe That is Super Easy
- Best Shrimp Scampi Recipe with Pasta
- Spiced Honey Glazed Carrots Recipe with Pecans
- 5-Step Easy Garlic Baked French Fries Recipe
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you prepare store bought pizza dough?
Follow the directions on the back of the store bought pizza dough to get the best results.
Should pizza dough be room temperature before using?
Pizza dough should be at room temperature before using.
In this chicken bake recipe, I used the Trader Joe’s Plain Pizza Dough and had the dough sit out in room temperature for 30 minutes.
Leave a Reply