These cookie butter bars are so soft, that each bite practically melts in your mouth! Topped with a rich chocolate layer, these bars are the perfect sugar overload using popular Speculoos cookie butter! No baking needed for these bars that it’s hard to stop eating at one!
This cookie butter bars recipe is seriously way too good to not remember!
Different than traditional peanut butter bars, our Speculoos cookie butter bars are so soft with the melted chocolate for an irresistible treat! Seriously it’s like the softest candy bar!
Done in just 4-simple steps, these cookie butter bars come together quickly and easily for a mouthwatering dessert everyone will love!
This post will go over everything you need to know to create these cookie butter bars.
Recipe difficulty: Totally beginner level
Literally toss everything into the mixer for these no bake cookies butter bars that is way too easy! The result? An extremely moist cookie bar using Speculoos cookie butter for the sweetest, buttery flavor! Don’t worry about making these bars picture-perfect as it seriously comes out mouthwatering each time! Make sure to read our tips below on getting the consistency just right!
Sam’s Pro Tips for these Cookie Butter Bars
Get the Right Kind of Cookie Butter!
For the best cookie butter bar recipe, use the Speculoos cookie butter!
The consistency of the Speculoos cookie butter is way different than peanut butter resulting in a more moist cookie bar! Therefore, make sure to start this recipe off right for the best flavor!
Use Good Quality Chocolate
The chocolate will top these no bake cookies butter bars, so you want to make sure you use good semi-sweet chocolate that will melt easily.
Like our Classy Chocolate Mousse with Grand Marnier to Indulge In and 3-Ingredient Chocolate Peanut Butter Clusters You’ll Love, go for quality chocolate chunks that are meant for melting like the Trader Joe’s Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chunks.
These chocolate chunks create a thick layer of chocolate over the bars and will melt effortlessly!
Don’t be Surprised with How Soft These Cookie Bars Are
What’s unique about these delicious bars is seriously how soft it is! These bars won’t be as firm as the traditional peanut butter bars. Fair warning!
Plan to keep these bars in the refrigerator and leave out at room temperature for about 10 minutes prior to serving! Or serve chilled as either way works great!
You can keep these delicious cookie bars in the refrigerator up to a week. Seriously doubt it will last that long!
Cutting the Bars are the Hardest Part!
For sure the hardest part of this whole recipe, is cutting the bars without cracking the chocolate!
Due to the thick layer of chocolate added on top, it can be hard to cut these delicious bars after it has been in the refrigerator without cracking the chocolate. If this happens to you, don’t worry it’s ok! Plan to serve these bars stacked and no one will care!
After the cookie bars have been refrigerated for one hour, let it sit out for 15 minutes before cutting. Use a long, sharp knife in hot water and clean the knife with a wet towel after each cut.
Make sure to consistently dip the knife in the hot water to keep the knife hot for clean, even cuts on the bars.
Key Ingredients – Cookie Butter Bars
Below are some key ingredients for this recipe:
- Speculoos cookie butter: The best kind to use and the base of these easy cookie bars to make. Use the whole 14.1-ounce bottle!
- Graham cracker crumbs: About 2 cups of graham crackers crumbs are used which is about 16 graham crackers. The graham crackers will provide some firmness to the cookie butter and stabilize the bars. If you would like more firmness to the bars, you can add more graham cracker crumbs.
- Powdered sugar: The ratio I like to remember is 2 cups powdered sugar to two cups graham cracker crumbs. This gives the perfect amount of sweetness and structure to this cookies bar recipe.
- Unsalted butter: To keep the cookie bars nice and moist, a ¼ of melted butter is combined with the Speculoos cookie butter for a soft treat. 3 tablespoons of butter will be mixed with the chocolate for a rich, creamy spread on top of the bars.
- Semi-sweet chocolate chunks: I love a thick layer of chocolate on these no bake cookies butter bars! The semi-sweet chocolate chunks are the perfect topping and makes these bars incredibly sweet! I used the whole bag of chocolate chunks, which is about 10 ounces. For a thinner layer of chocolate, use less.
More Variations to these Cookie Butter Bars
There are a few ways you can variate these cookie butter bars. Here’s how:
- Switch out the graham crackers: Instead of using graham crackers in these Speculoos cookie butter bars, give Nilla Wafers a try! Using these vanilla wafer cookies will give an extra sweet consistency with the cookie butter and provide great texture! So good!
- What can I pair with this dish? These cookie bars are like the ultimate treat! To complete your dessert table, check out our Creamy Filipino Leche Flan for Your Next Party or 15-Minute Mini Pecan Sticky Buns to Drool Over for some sweet favorites!
Looking for some awesome printables that are totally FREE? Our favorite! Check out our FREE LIBRARY for our Grocery Checklist or Top 5 Ingredients you Need for Filipino Cooking printables to help you on your cooking journey!
- Perfectly Sweet and Crispy Filipino Turon Recipe | Fried Banana Rolls
- Better Than Grandma’s Gingersnap Cookies
- Creamy Pappardelle with Italian Sausage and Roasted Tomatoes
- 7-Ingredient Tasty Filipino Corned Beef Recipe Done in Only 20-Minutes
Frequently Asked Questions
What is speculoos cookie butter?
Speculoos has notes of gingerbread and sweetened crushed biscuits for a rich cookie spread.
Does Trader Joe’s sell cookie butter?
For our cookie butter bars, we used the speculoos cookie butter from Trader Joe’s.
How to store cookie butter bars?
Plan to keep these cookie butter bars in the refrigerator and leave out at room temperature for about 10 minutes prior to serving. You can keep these delicious cookie bars in the refrigerator up to a week.