Fun, swirled-green creme de menthe parfait sure to be a hit for your party! In only 7-minutes, this boozy dessert will look incredibly fancy and fun to look at! Totally easy for anyone to whip up on a whim!
A creme de menthe parfait is a crazy-easy dessert that is simple to put together to wow your guests during that next party!
With the fun swirled green effect on the ice cream, and the rich whipped cream piped on top, this is one of those creme de menthe recipes you can’t miss! (Seriously!)
Boozy and decadent, you will totally have folks fooled with how quick this creme de menthe dessert truly is!
This post will go over everything you need to know to create this creme de menthe parfait.
Recipe difficulty: Stylish and tasteful beginner level
This entertaining creme de menthe parfait takes only 7-minutes, with simple-sweet ingredients for the perfect finishing touches on this mint parfait recipe! Ridiculously easy, anyone can make this on the fly! I’ll also detail in my tips below how to get the most beautiful creme de menthe ice cream topping in the glass worthy of compliments!
Sam’s Pro Tips for this Creme De Menthe Parfait
The Classy Look
- Use a 2-inch cookie scoop for perfectly round ice cream balls! In this creme de menthe ice cream recipe, I used 6-ounce glasses that fit 3 scoops of ice cream each. For that perfect, rounded ice cream look, the 2-inch cookie scoop works like a charm to get these delicious ice cream balls in the glass! Combined with the creme de menthe, the ice cream creates a beautiful bright green design in the glass that will turn heads!
- The order matters in this recipe! This is one of those creme de menthe recipes where the order will matter to achieve that perfect design look! By having already a tablespoon of the creme de menthe at the bottom of the glass before scooping the ice cream in, it will create a “fizz” effect for that swirled design. (It will literally fizz in the glass!) After the ice cream is added, another tablespoon of creme de menthe is spooned on top of the ice cream for the flavors to interact. Finish off with a swirl of whipped cream, a maraschino cherry, and mini chocolate chips, you got yourself a one-of-a-kind creme de menthe parfait. Boozy and delicious!
How to Get the Best Whipped Cream
- Sift the powdered sugar into the whipping cream: This tip is very similar to my Classy Chocolate Mousse with Grand Marnier to Indulge In! Fresh whipped cream is the best! I love to pipe a really high swirled topping in this creme de menthe ice cream recipe. For the best creamy whipped cream, make sure to sift the powdered sugar into the whipped cream. You want to whip the whipping cream and sugar just enough that its fluffy and smooth, and not chunky. Once you see smooth peaks in the whip cream and the mixture looks slightly firm, it’s done!
Key Ingredients – Creme De Menthe Parfait
Below are some key and optional ingredients for this recipe:
- Creme de Menthe: Creme de menthe drinks are extremely popular, and this mint parfait recipe just got taken to the next level! Make sure to get the green mint liqueur for this method! (Quick fun fact, creme de menthe tends to be on the cheaper end of liqueur, which is great for your wallet!)
- French Vanilla ice cream: We like using French Vanilla ice cream for the ultimate combination! You can use any brand you want, but this flavor is seriously the best in this parfait!
- Whipped cream: Everyone loves fresh whipped cream, and this creme de menthe dessert is no exception! I won’t break down separately in this section what I put in my whipped cream, as all that fun detail is in my Classy Chocolate Mousse with Grand Marnier to Indulge In! However, please make sure to use cold whipping cream (like literally just pulled from the refrigerator) and sift the powdered sugar in!
Optional but Totally Recommended
- Maraschino cherries: As a stylish topping, I like to put a maraschino cherry on top of the whipped cream. It’s of course delicious, and the perfect finishing touch!
- Mini chocolate chips: For extra sweetness on the whipped cream, add a sprinkle of mini chocolate chips! This is the perfect creme de menthe ice cream topping as we all know chocolate pairs great with mint!
- Mint leaves: Mint leaves are an elegant garnish, and one mint leaf per glass will look fabulous! As a quick side tip, if you fold the mint leaf in half before placing in the glass, it will stand straight up and not droop!
More Variations to this Recipe
There are a few ways you can variate this creme de menthe parfait. Here’s how:
- Add some raspberries! Creme de menthe recipes are so versatile, and there are so many great combinations that can be paired with this mint liqueur. If you would like to add some fresh fruit, raspberries are a great addition to this creme de menthe parfait. Sprinkle a few on top of the whipped cream or around the inner border of the glass for a decadent dessert!
- What can I pair with this dish? This creme de menthe dessert is extremely rich, and solid on its own! Perfect after dinner or for a boozy dessert! Maybe even have extra creme de menthe on the side for folks that want more in the glass? (No one will judge!) If you want to keep in the range of boozy desserts, then check out our Classy Chocolate Mousse with Grand Marnier to Indulge In to add to that dessert table!
- Classy Chocolate Mousse with Grand Marnier to Indulge In
- 5-Minute Mock Devonshire Cream with Honey
- Creamy Filipino Leche Flan for Your Next Party
- 4-Ingredient Filipino Style Fruit Salad to Dazzle Your Guests
Frequently Asked Questions
What alcohol is in creme de menthe?
Creme de menthe is a mint-flavored liqueur that comes in a colorless or green form.
What is creme de menthe used for?
Creme de menthe can be used in a cocktail, dessert, or even a parfait! This is a common mint mixer that is extremely popular due to the green color.
Is creme de menthe the same as peppermint extract?
Creme de menthe is different than peppermint extract as it’s a more potent mint liqueur common in alcoholic drinks.