If you have 15-minutes, you can easily make this lemon pasta recipe no cream dish! Only 7 basic ingredients, for a quick toss together pasta full of that lemon flavor! This simple recipe is seriously way too easy, but tastes oh so good!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my links, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure for more information.
Easy, lemon pasta recipe no cream dish perfect for a side or even your next main dish! It’s that good!
Using no cream or even butter, our lemon garlic pasta recipe is full of flavor while being nutritiously delicious!
This post will go over everything you need to know to create this lemon chicken pasta with spinach.
Recipe difficulty: Easy, just chop and toss!
This lemon garlic pasta no cream dish is way too easy with basic, economical ingredients in just 15 minutes! Combined with the lemon juice and herbs, simple never tasted so good when this pasta is prepared! The secret? Chicken broth…
Sam’s Pro Tips for this Lemon Pasta Recipe No Cream Dish
Cook Your Pasta with Salt and Oil
I know this is a hit or miss topic as there are varying opinions, but I cook my lemon garlic pasta recipe with salt and olive oil in the water! We shared this tip in our Best Shrimp Scampi Recipe with Pasta Recipe!
I find that the salt helps flavor the pasta and the olive oil prevents my noodles from sticking. Super helpful if you forget to occasionally stir the pasta as it cooks. (Totally guilty of this!)
Fresh Lemon Juice Equals Better Flavor
We use the juice from half a lemon (and then some!) to flavor this lemon pasta sauce without cream.
I like to use half the lemon to flavor the sauce, and cut wedges into the other half for serving!
The result? The lemon wedges make this pasta dish look extra delicious and perfect for guests that want that extra flavor.
Bigger the Pan the Better
So, this is one of those healthy lemon pasta sauce recipes that makes use of the basic ingredients you may have in the refrigerator!
As such, to make your life easier, use the biggest sauté pan you have! Not joking! We love this LARGE ELECTRIC SKILLET from Amazon!
We shared this tip in our 30-Minute Creamy Garlic Salmon Pasta with Dijon Mustard. Mixing all the ingredients can become tiresome and messy if your pan is too small. A larger pan makes this way easier!
Don’t Skip Out on the Olive Oil
If you would like to further coat the pasta or if you did have leftovers (you most likely wouldn’t!), drizzle some olive oil on top when serving!
The olive oil will prevent dryness and refreshes this lemon garlic pasta sauce without cream recipe for your next tasty meal!
Key Ingredients – Lemon Pasta Recipe No Cream Dish
Below are some key and optional ingredients for this recipe:
- Angel hair pasta: Thinner noodles work best with this pasta dish to get more of that lemon flavor! You can definitely use something different, but we like thin noodles with this type of pasta!
- Chicken broth: The secret to this lemon pasta sauce without cream! The garlic will simmer with the chicken broth and lemon juice before being tossed with the pasta for that zesty flavor.
- Lemon: Half a lemon is juiced to be mixed with the chicken broth. Be sure to have lemon wedges on the side for folks that want more!
- Parsley: Usually I don’t mind using dried parsley flakes, but in this lemon garlic pasta no cream recipe, I actually prefer the fresh chopped parsley. This will be your finishing step and really perks this pasta right up!
- Chili flakes: For a bit of spice and elevates the flavor. Use a ½ teaspoon to start! Sometimes I like a bit more!
- Olive oil: This will coat the pasta and give a rich flavor with the lemon. Plus, we use the olive oil to brown the garlic.
- Garlic: For that aromatic garlic flavor, we mince 4 garlic cloves to simmer in the chicken broth and lemon sauce. Be sure to finely mince the garlic for that rich taste in the pasta.
- Parmesan cheese: Grate fresh parmesan to get that fresh flavor to top this lemon garlic pasta recipe. Way better than the canned stuff…
- Salt and Pepper: When serving, season the pasta with salt and pepper to preference. Just the basics!
More Variations to this Lemon Pasta Recipe No Cream Dish
There are a few ways you can variate this lemon pasta recipe no cream dish. Here’s how:
- Add whole grain Dijon mustard: You can toss the pasta with some whole grain Dijon mustard for extra flavor and to add some zing to this healthy lemon pasta sauce. We love this in our Lemon Chicken Pasta with Spinach with an Olive Oil Dressing!
- Have any more easy pasta dishes? Yes! One of our favorite recipes is The Ultimate Filipino Spaghetti Sauce Recipe, served on spaghetti. (of course!) The sauce is super addicting and a popular favorite! For warmer weather, our Asian-Inspired Easy Cold Pasta Salad Recipe | 7-Ingredients Only is a great toss-together pasta with a zesty rice vinegar dressing.
- What can I pair with this dish? As this quick and easy pasta dish only takes 15 minutes, don’t forget dessert with our Classy Chocolate Mousse with Grand Marnier to Indulge In or 4-Step Extremely Soft Cookie Butter Bars That is Way Too Easy | No-Bake to satisfy that sweet craving!
Looking for some awesome printables that are totally FREE? Our favorite! Check out our FREE LIBRARY for our Grocery Checklist or our Instant Pot Cooking Times Chart printables to help you on your cooking journey!
- 20-Minute Chili Brown Sugar Salmon
- 15-Minute Asian Chili Garlic Butter Shrimp with Sprite
- 20-Minute Shrimp and Pineapple Fried Rice with Sriracha
- Asian-Inspired Easy Cold Pasta Salad Recipe | 7-Ingredients Only
Frequently Asked Questions
What to serve with lemon pasta?
This lemon pasta recipe no cream dish will pair great with a chicken dish like our 13 Clove Creamy Garlic Chicken Recipe That is Super Easy or even salmon in our Nutritious Honey Baked Salmon with Dijon Mustard.
What can I use instead of cream with pasta?
Chicken broth is a great alternative option to using cream as the chicken broth can simmer with the garlic and lemon juice.
What is the rule of thumb in regard to substituting fresh herbs for dried herbs?
Dry herbs are more potent compared to fresh herbs. A good rule of thumb is to use 3x the amount of fresh herbs compared to dried herbs. For example, 1 tablespoon of fresh parsley is equivalent to one teaspoon of dried parsley.
How much juice can you get from one lemon?
Usually, 1 lemon can yield 3 tablespoons of juice depending on the size of the lemon.