These peanut butter brownie bites are topped to perfection with a blend of coconut and super seeds for a sweet and salty crunch! The perfect bite size desserts to serve for your next party while getting your healthy kick for the day! Delicious and WAY too addicting!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my links, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure for more information.
When I tell you these peanut butter brownie bites are seriously addicting, literally you can eat like 10 of these babies without realizing! 😊
These super brownies are extremely moist and look positively mouth-watering on the dessert plate! What’s not to love?!
For sure you want to have this mini brownie recipe in your go-to recipe collection as these toppings can be customizable and comes out PERFECT each time!
This post will go over everything you need to know to create these peanut butter brownie bites.
Recipe difficulty: Beginner to Moderate level (I know folks….an almost moderate level upgrade! But don’t worry!)
So, this is one of those peanut butter recipe ideas we absolutely LOVE as it actually tastes like a dessert while having some healthy topping additions. Don’t worry, as long as you follow the detailed tips below and the recipe directions, you will be totally fine!
Sam’s Pro Tips for these Peanut Butter Brownie Bites
How to Get the Batter Just Right
Don’t OVERMIX the Flour!
Most important tip right here!
By not overmixing the flour with the wet ingredients, will result in MOIST mini peanut butter brownie bites and not dry embarrassing ones!
When the dry ingredients (flour, cocoa powder, and salt) are added to the wet ingredients, stir delicately until just combined.
Like seriously fold the flour into the wet mixture only a couple times, until you no longer see the flour. If you overmix, these amazing peanut butter brownie bites will bake dry and be hard.
Sift the Flour into the Wet Batter
So, this tip was discussed in my Easy Rosette Ube Cupcakes with Coconut Buttercream That is So Moist to combat any clumps!
This is another trick I learned as it helps prevent cakey brownies!
By sifting the flour, it will prevent clumps of flour and cocoa powder and make incorporating into the wet ingredients a lot easier in these mini brownie cupcakes.
As such, this means less mixing of the flour which means you have lessened your chances of overmixing!
You Need This Pan!
For these peanut butter brownie bites, you need to have the right pan to get this size. Literally the perfect bite-sized amounts!
This Wilton Advance Select Premium Non-Stick Mini Muffin Pan is our go-to pan for even baking each time.
Super easy to use, plus being non-stick, this mini brownie bites pan makes this chocolate dessert effortless and stress-free. The best!
Preventing a Mess When Topping
On these delicious peanut butter brownie bites, we’re adding peanut butter, chia seed, hemp seed, coconut flakes, honey, and sea salt for an IRRESISTIBLE topping base!
With all these toppings, things can get messy. To prevent a mess in your kitchen, top these super brownies on a rimmed baking tray for the excess toppings to spill out on the tray and NOT on your counter.
Key Ingredients – Peanut Butter Brownie Bites
Below are some key and optional ingredients for this recipe:
- All-purpose flour: Used in my Fluffy Bread-Machine Ube Bread Rolls with a Sugared Cream Cheese Frosting | No Kneading and Easy, this basic flour creates a chewy, moist brownie bite.
- Unsalted butter: One of the best things I love about these peanut butter cup brownie bites is that the butter doesn’t need to be at room temperature. Simply melt and cool!
- Coconut oil: Your trick to getting these brownie bites extra moist with a hint of that coconut flavor in the batter. A great oil substitute!
- Sugar: Everything is better with sugar! We use a combination of white sugar and brown sugar for a deepened, sweet flavor. Our ratio is one to one for an easy measurement to remember.
- Eggs: Ready for it? We need 2 eggs! Quick tip right here- Beat it first before incorporating into the batter to prevent overmixing.
- Vanilla: Just a hint is used to accompany the sugar and eggs for a great combination.
- Unsweetened cocoa powder: Use a good quality cocoa powder! For best results, you can sift it into the dry ingredients as cocoa powder can be clumpy. This will also prevent overmixing!
- Dark chocolate chips: My secret ingredient right here! We love the Trader Joe’s 72% dark chocolate chips. To make these EXTRA delicious, we mix 1/4 cup in the batter and top these peanut butter cup brownie bites with another 1/4 cup of these toppings on top when using the mini brownie bites pan.
- For your super seed toppings, here is the blend you need for the best super brownies! No measuring needed!
- Creamy peanut butter
- Chia seed
- Hemp seed
- Unsweetened coconut flakes: This is my favorite topping! Some tropical goodness!
- Honey (optional)
- Sea salt (optional)
More Variations to this Peanut Butter Brownie Bites
There are a few ways you can variate these peanut butter brownie bites. Here’s how:
- Add crushed nuts or dried fruits: For some extra topping choices, try adding crushed nuts like crushed almonds, pecans, or walnuts for a crunchy variety! Or if you like dried fruits like dried raisins or cranberries, feel free to add to the toppings for the ultimate mini peanut butter brownie bites!
- What can I pair with this dish? This is the perfect finger food dessert! For the ultimate display, pair these mini brownie cupcakes with our 20-Minute Apples on Pizza Recipe | Perfect For a Fall Food Party or our Saucy Oven-Baked Buffalo Cheese Fries with Ranch for a display everyone is sure to love!
Looking for some awesome printables that are totally FREE? Our favorite! Check out our FREE LIBRARY for our Grocery Checklist or our Instant Pot Cooking Times Chart printables to help you on your cooking journey!
- 15-Minute Mini Pecan Sticky Buns to Drool Over
- Creamy Filipino Leche Flan for Your Next Party
- Fire Roasted Tomato Bisque Recipe Perfect for Cozy Weather
- Juicy Bacon Pork Chops with Apples
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you get brownie bites out of a pan?
Be sure to spray the mini brownie bites pan with non-stick spray to get these brownie bites out of the pan easily.
How to store peanut butter brownie bites?
Store these mini brownie bites at room temperature. Consume within 2-3 days for optimal flavor.
What makes brownies fudgy vs cakey?
Brownies with a high flour content tend to be more cakey than fudgy. Also don’t over mix these mini brownie recipe as this will also affect the texture!
Do brownies harden as they cool?
These peanut butter brownies will harden as they cool. Once removed from the over, have it cool in the mini brownie bites pan for 5-7 minutes before transferring to a wire rack. This will help maintain the fudgy texture.
Leave a Reply