This peanut butter energy balls recipe starts the day off right and can EASILY pass for dessert as it’s so dang good! Loaded with a blend of super seeds and a hint of sweetness, each ball makes you feel good eating this treat!
Ok so seriously this peanut butter energy balls recipe is super easy for ANYONE to do! Need a quick breakfast item or a sweet treat? These energy balls got you covered! 😊
Nutritious, healthy, and filled with coconut, peanut butter, and super seeds, what’s not to love?!
For sure you want to have this cocoa peanut butter balls included in your quick and easy recipes as these delicious balls are the BEST road trip item, super snack, or dessert party treat, that takes no time at all!
This post will go over everything you need to know to create this peanut butter energy balls recipe.
Recipe difficulty: Totally freaking easy…No sweat at all!
We absolutely LOVE these peanut butter energy balls with coconut as it actually tastes like a dessert with some healthy additions. Literally combine in your mixer and you’re done! Nothing complicated at all!
Sam’s Pro Tips for this Peanut Butter Energy Balls Recipe
The EASIEST Way to Mix
Most important tip right here!
So, this will be your life-saver when making these peanut butter oat energy balls. You NEED to be using this KitchenAid Deluxe 4.5 Quart Tilt-Head Stand Mixer to get everything mixed easily!
You do not want to be mixing all these ingredients manually as you will literally get a hand cramp in like 5 seconds! Peanut butter is heavy!
The easiest way to get all the ingredients mixed evenly is to add everything in the mixer using the paddle attachment and MIX! That’s it!
This saves so much time and combines this healthy energy balls recipe beautifully.
When forming this peanut butter energy balls with coconut into that ball shape, you want a dry, slightly sticky mixture.
If these balls are too dry, it will just crumble when shaping into a ball. Don’t worry, if this happens!
Simply add a drizzle of honey or maple syrup depending on what you’re using into the mixture and combine, as this will moisten this peanut butter energy balls recipe and make it easier to shape.
What Makes these Peanut Butter Balls Healthy?
This peanut butter energy balls no chocolate recipe (like the sweetened chocolate!) uses a blend of super seeds, including shredded coconut and cacao chips, for a tasty treat.
Similar to my Super Seed Peanut Butter Brownie Bites That is Way Too Addicting, the BEST combination of seeds is the use of chia, hemp, and flax seed.
A little goes a long way and provides a great texture to this peanut butter energy balls healthy snack.
I like to have these seeds on hand to top my oatmeal, cereal, or even granola!
Key Ingredients – Peanut Butter Energy Balls Recipe
Below are some key and optional ingredients for this recipe:
- Peanut butter: I like to use creamy peanut butter for these energy balls since in combination with the other toppings. Remember to use this KitchenAid Stand Mixer for EASY mixing!
- Old-fashioned oats: Plan to use old-fashioned oats and this will be one of the main fillers in this recipe. A good ratio to remember is 1 cup peanut butter to 1 cup oats.
- Honey: Using honey will be a binder in this recipe and help these cocoa peanut butter balls stick together. You can use maple syrup in a pinch.
- Cacao chips: So, we ABSOLUTELY love using these cacao chips which are a 100% cocoa beans for some added flavor without the sweetness. We get these from Trader Joe’s.
- For your super seed toppings, here is the blend you need for the best peanut butter oat energy balls!
- Chia seed
- Hemp seed
- Flax seed
- Unsweetened coconut flakes: This is my favorite topping! Some tropical goodness!
More Variations to this Peanut Butter Energy Balls Recipe
There are a few ways you can variate these peanut butter energy balls recipe. Here’s how:
- Add crushed nuts or dried fruits: For some extra topping choices, try added crushed nuts like crushed almonds, pecans, or walnuts for a crunchy variety! Or if you like dried fruits like dried raisins or cranberries, feel free to add to the toppings for the ultimate cocoa peanut butter balls! Adjust the honey accordingly so the mixture is not too dry.
- Want a simpler version of this recipe? Make this a 3 ingredient peanut butter oatmeal balls using just peanut butter, oats, and honey. That’s it! It’s the same process without all that extra toppings and can be a great snack after a workout! Remember to use the KitchenAid Stand Mixer to make this in a jiffy!
- What can I pair with this dish? This is the perfect sweet treat or go-to snack! Like seriously this can be a breakfast! For other quick delicious treats, our 3-Ingredient Filipino Banana Cue Recipe for Your Afternoon Snack or 3-Ingredient Chocolate Peanut Butter Clusters You’ll Love are great go-to sweets!
Looking for some awesome printables that are totally FREE? Our favorite! Check out our FREE LIBRARY for our Grocery Checklist or our Instant Pot Cooking Times Chart printables to help you on your cooking journey!
- Rich and Creamy Mango Cheesecake Instant Pot Recipe
- 4-Step Extremely Soft Cookie Butter Bars That is Way Too Easy | No-Bake
- Perfectly Sweet and Crispy Filipino Turon Recipe | Fried Banana Rolls
- 15-Minute Mini Pecan Sticky Buns to Drool Over
Frequently Asked Questions
Are energy balls actually healthy?
Energy balls are packed with fats, fiber, and protein for an enriched and filling snack.
How long can you keep energy balls in the fridge?
Plan to consume these peanut butter energy balls with coconut within a week for optimal freshness.
Should protein balls be refrigerated?
Yes, energy balls should be stored in the refrigerator for optimal freshness and to maintain the consistency of the ball.
What can I use instead of honey in protein balls?
Maple syrup can be used in place of honey if desired.