This garlic baked french fries recipe is easy, quick, and oh so delicious! In just 5 simple steps, you will have perfectly seasoned fries in a beautiful wedge cut that everyone will think took so much time to make.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my links, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure for more information.
Who doesn’t love french fries? With this garlic baked french fries recipe, there is a perfect amount of minced garlic that coats each individual wedge and is a much healthier version compared to the typical french fries recipe.
So long are the days of using a french fry cutter or slicing each individual potato! I will be showing you a simple trick I use with an apple slicer for that beautiful wedge cut that took no time at all.
This garlic baked french fries recipe will surely be a fan favorite and is one to definitely keep in your back pocket as this 5-step process is simple enough for the weekday or if you have company.
This post will go over everything you need to know to create the easiest 5-step garlic baked french fries recipe.
Recipe difficulty: Beginner
With only 5-steps and limited ingredients, this recipe is easy enough for anyone wanting to make garlic french fries that looks way more difficult than it actually is.
Sam’s Pro Tips for the Easiest Garlic Baked French Fries Recipe
- How to make french fries from potatoes? Such a common question I get asked! My simple trick is to use an APPLE SLICER to get the perfect cut. Simply cut the bottom of each potato just enough to get a flat, rounded surface and place the flat edge of the potato on the cutting board. Put the apple slicer on top of the potato and push through. That’s it!
- For an even cook in the oven, at the halfway mark do a quick mix of the fries in the baking pan to get a mix of soft and crispy french fries when baked.
- By tossing the fries in garlic and parsley after it has baked, you will get the fresh flavor of the garlic. Trust me, you don’t want to toss the fries with garlic prior to baking as some of the minced garlic will get overly browned in the oven.
- With the use of one bowl to toss the fries before placement in the oven and after baked, the lingering olive oil in the bowl will continue to coat your fries and will make cleanup super easy!
Key Ingredients – Easiest Garlic Baked French Fries Recipe
Below are some key and optional ingredients for this recipe:
- Russet Potatoes: You can choose to use peeled or unpeeled potatoes for this quick homemade french fries recipe. Using only 5 potatoes for this recipe yields plenty! It also produces the best texture of fries when baked.
- Garlic: With this garlic baked french fries recipe, minced garlic is the best way to get that perfect coating on each individual wedge. You can definitely use a garlic press if you have one to crush the garlic small enough to toss the fries in.
- Olive Oil: Using olive oil for this oven baked homemade french fries produces a much healthier option compared to the typical french fries recipe. Personally, I think the olive oil enhances the flavor and pairs great with the garlic and parsley.
- Sea Salt (optional): I love the use of sea salt in this recipe! It’s something different from regular salt and really takes this recipe up a notch.
- Parsley: Fresh parsley added to the fries visually makes this dish look so appealing! This can easily be substituted for dried parsley if you don’t have fresh on hand. See Frequently Asked Questions for more details.
More Variations to this Recipe
There are a few ways you can take this garlic baked french fries recipe up a notch. Here’s how:
- Make your own seasoning blend: Instead of only tossing your fries in sea salt and olive oil before baking, why not make your own seasoning blend? I have used onion powder, lemon pepper seasoning, and even garlic herb seasoning to really make this baked french fries recipe pop.
- What can I pair with this dish? No joke, this dish is the perfect side to almost anything! It’s good enough to also eat by itself! Check out my 13 Clove Creamy Garlic Chicken Recipe that works great with this dish as you can dip the fries in the cream sauce. So good!
- 13 Clove Creamy Garlic Chicken Recipe That is Super Easy
- Best Shrimp Scampi Recipe with Pasta
- Stuffed Chicken Bake Recipe That is Extremely Satisfying
- Fire Roasted Tomato Bisque Recipe Perfect for Cozy Weather
Frequently Asked Questions
What type of potato is best for french fries?
Russet potatoes tend to be a favorite as you can use peeled or unpeeled. It also yields the perfect texture for baked french fries.
Is olive oil good for french fries?
Olive oil is one of the healthier oils for cooking compared to others. It also gives added flavor to baked french fries.
How do you make baked fries taste better?
Baked french fries is a healthier alternative than the typical french fries recipe. Tossing your fries in seasoning and herbs will really take your fries to the next level.
Are baked french fries healthier than fried?
Oven baked french fries are usually healthier than fried french fries as the fries are not submerged in oil. In combination with the olive oil, this garlic baked french fries recipe is a healthier alternative.
What is the rule of thumb in regard to substituting fresh herbs for dried herbs?
Dry herbs are more potent compared to fresh herbs. A good rule of thumb is to use 3x the amount of fresh herbs compared to dried herbs. For example, 1 tablespoon of fresh parsley is equivalent to one teaspoon of dried parsley.