Get those buns out for this easy burger patty recipe using only 7 key ingredients! No breadcrumbs or fillers, this patty recipe is extremely juicy loaded with onion and herbs! Simple and easy enough for anyone to do!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my links, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure for more information.
Fire up that grill with our easy burger patty recipe using basic, economical ingredients that taste oh so good in this juicy patty!
Forget the breadcrumbs or other fillers as you don’t need it in this recipe! With our blend of ingredients, this burger patty comes together quickly without compromising flavor.
Perfect for that next barbecue or gathering, add this to your go-to recipe collection of burger hits!
This post will go over everything you need to know to create this easy burger patty recipe.
Recipe difficulty: Super easy and perfect for any level of cook!
Literally 7 ingredients are used plus salt and pepper! No need for anything fancy, as you can dress this easy beef burger patty recipe up to your preferences! Hardly any work at all!
Sam’s Pro Tips for this Easy Burger Patty Recipe
Rub Olive Oil on the Grill
So, griller’s tip for this burger patty recipe without breadcrumbs is to rub olive oil on the grill rack to prevent sticking!
Now this is not absolutely necessary, but by dipping a paper towel in olive oil and using tongs to rub over the grill rack, this will help removing and flipping the burger patty. Easy!
Marinate and Marinate Some More
Similar to our Filipino Fried Chicken Recipe with Lemon and Fish Sauce, don’t skip out on marinating your meat! The winner tip right here!
This garlic burger patty recipe marinates in a rich blend of herbs, onions, and seasoning to create that juicy patty full of flavor. What’s more, onions in burger patty add an incredible level of freshness while it marinates.
Marinate for at least 2 hours or overnight. I like to make my easy burger patty recipe the day before so it’s ready for our barbecue the next day!
The Perfect Patty Size
Depending on the type of buns used, you can alter the size of each burger patty. However, for regular burger buns we like to make them a quarter pound each.
The result? Each of these delicious burger patties weigh 4 ounces each which I get by using a KITCHEN FOOD SCALE. Super easy to do!
With everything that goes into this rosemary burger recipe, you’ll get about 10 patties at 4 ounces each shaped into a circular figure for the bun.
Why No Breadcrumbs?
You don’t need it in this burger patty recipe without breadcrumbs! The binder in this patty recipe is the diced onion combined with the egg and olive oil.
Therefore, the breadcrumbs are one less item to buy and usually is added for a crunch to the patties. The onions will serve this purpose. Plus, onions taste way fresher than breadcrumbs!
Key Ingredients – Easy Burger Patty Recipe
Below are some key and optional ingredients for this recipe:
- Ground beef: You can get Angus ground beef or lean ground beef for these delicious burger patties as either will work. Don’t worry about fat content, unless you want to be a little bit healthier!
- Onion: The minced onion is the filler in this easy burger patty recipe. Dice ½ an onion to combine with the ground beef for a fresh level of flavor.
- Rosemary: Dried rosemary is used with the patties and works wonderfully to elevate the ground beef. Side note, rosemary also works beautifully in fish like our Nutritious Honey Baked Salmon with Dijon Mustard!
- Garlic powder: Using garlic powder adds a ton of flavor and is a lot easier to work with than minced garlic. Who likes to do all that peeling and mincing? The garlic powder is the secret winner in the recipe.
- Basil: The dried basil is a favorite in our ground beef similar to The Ultimate Filipino Spaghetti Sauce Recipe, which also uses a full tablespoon! Remember, dried herbs can be a lot more potent than fresh herbs so a little goes a long way.
- Eggs: This burger patty recipe with egg is what creates the smooth consistency and holds everything together. Mix the egg first before combining with the ground beef mixture!
- Olive oil: Couple tablespoons of olive oil with the egg will help hold everything together and adds a nice flavor.
Topping Ideas (Optional)
- Hamburger / Brioche Buns
- Whole Grain Dijon Mustard
- Cheddar Cheese
- Hot & Sweet Jalapenos: This is absolutely our favorite! We get the Trader Joe’s Hot & Sweet Jalapenos to top our buns! So good!
- Sliced Tomatoes
- Sliced Avocado
- Green Peppers
More Variations to this Easy Burger Patty Recipe
There are a few ways you can variate this easy burger patty recipe. Here’s how:
- What about some spinach? For some added greenery, you can add some diced spinach to combine in the burger patty and have it marinate with all the ingredients. A great way to add a little bit of vegetables for an ALMOST healthy option!
- What else can I barbecue? We love beer brats in our household! Make use of that grill and check out our Beer Brats No Grill Recipe with Caramelized Onions and Garlic to add to that barbecue! Loaded with onion and garlic as well for the ultimate flavor.
- What can I pair with this dish? You can’t have burgers without some French fries! Our 5-Step Easy Garlic Baked French Fries Recipe is so easy to make, and pairs perfectly with this easy burger patty recipe! Beautiful wedge cut fries tossed with so much garlic and parsley. To add to your finger food selection, our Party Favorite Sriracha Deviled Eggs with Shredded Parmesan is always a hit and easy to make!
Looking for some awesome printables that are totally FREE? Our favorite! Check out our FREE LIBRARY for our Grocery Checklist or Top 5 Ingredients you Need for Filipino Cooking printables to help you on your cooking journey!
- Beer Brats No Grill Recipe with Caramelized Onions and Garlic
- Asian-Inspired Easy Cold Pasta Salad Recipe | 7-Ingredients Only
- Easy Mexican Chicken Salad Tostadas Perfect for a Crowd
- Spiced Honey Glazed Carrots Recipe with Pecans
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you make a simple hamburger?
This 7 key-ingredient easy burger patty is so juicy and loaded with herbs. Simply grab a bun and toss this patty on the grill.
Should I add egg to hamburger patties?
Since minced onion and herbs are added to the ground beef, the egg will help bind everything together and sit as it marinates.
What do you season burgers with?
Garlic powder, rosemary, or basil, all pair great with this burger patty recipe. However, paprika, cayenne pepper, or red chili flakes can be added for extra spice.
Should I put breadcrumbs in a burger?
Breadcrumbs are not needed in this burger patty recipe as the minced onion provides the extra flavor combined with the herbs. No need to buy an extra item!